RULES & REGULATIONS RENT A BOAT
Read before you sign the solemn statement!
Requirements to Rent a Boat:
We suggest that you take the time to review the Rental Boat Terms and Conditions of Use prior to making your reservation. When you pick up your boat, you will be required to sign a solemn statement that you understand and agree. Because of the length and complexity we suggest that you read them in advance, so when you come to pick up your boat it will be quick and easy.
In order to be allowed to rent a boat you must be over 18 as evidenced by a valid passport or other official ID. You must be physically able to perform the tasks involved in the safe operation of a boat and our staff must be able to communicate with you enough to insure that you understand the rental agreement and safe operation of the boat. We reserve the right to refuse to rent to anyone when our staff feels that you are not capable of safely operating our boats or of understanding the terms of the rental agreement. Customers must also have an operational cellular phone on board and must leave it on so that Adventure Spot can contact them for emergencies or to report weather information.
Rental Boat Terms and Conditions of Use:
- Equipment is not to be taken outside of prescribed operation area. None of our boats are allowed to approach the Monasteries and the Monasterial area of Athos. You must keep 500m away from the shore. Refer to maps for approved operation area. Boats have GPS locators so we know where you are at all times.
- Boats are intended for use by the certified number and weight of passengers and gear. Do not overload boats; you will be fined by Hellenic Coast Guard. When loading people and gear on boats, try to evenly distribute weight both side-to-side and front to back. This will make for safer operation and insure that the bow does not plow through large waves that you may encounter
- The Renter and the other passengers are obliged to obey all the laws and Regulations of the Hellenic Coast Guard. You are personally responsible for any damage to our boats, other boats or other property caused by your violation of safe boating regulations.
- It is illegal for boat operators to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind regardless of the degree of impairment.
Renters who are known to be drinking alcohol will be refused the use of a boat. If you have a reservation but are obviously intoxicated, you will be refused a boat and charged for the cancellation.
- Equipment must be returned on time.
- Any and all damage to the equipment that is caused as a result of the renter’s operation or oversight is the sole responsibility of the renter. Do not leave boats unattended.
- The renter is responsible for being aware of currents and winds. Do not beach boats or allow boats to become beached by wakes or changing winds.
- Boats are to be returned relatively clean and in the same condition as they were when you took them out. Inspect the boat carefully before taking it out because you will be charged for any new damage upon your return to the Adventure Spot.
- You are not allowed to let anyone other than the primary renter use or operate the boat. Anyone who may be serving as an operator needs to be identified and to sign this agreement. If you do allow anyone else to use the boat you are entirely personally responsible for any damage that they cause to our boat or to other persons or properties.
- All operators must have a cell phone on board and we must have this number.
- Do not attempt to locate or disable GPS locator on boats, these are placed there for your safety and convenience.
- Be extra careful of shallow water! switch off engine and move away immediately
- Pets are allowed on boats but owners must clean up after their pets or the clean up fee will be charged. Owners are responsible for any damage caused by pets.
- Prohibited uses: Customers may not use boats for any use not intended by manufacturer. In addition, customers shall not use the boat in any of the following manners:
a. In any type of race or competitive event
b. For any illegal purpose or in an illegal manner
c. To carry any type of hazardous or explosive substance
d. To push or tow any other watercraft or tubes, skis or other water toys
e. After dusk or during the night
f. To carry loads beyond stated capacity
g. In a reckless, abusive or negligent manner
h. By any person consuming alcohol or drugs
i. If further use may cause damage to boat or motor (warning light or buzzer on)
j. In violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement in any way
k. Outside of approved use area
- In no event shall customer sub-lease boat to another person or entity. Customer’s rights under this agreement are non-transferable.
- If watercraft is obtained by fraud or misrepresentation, is used for an illegal purpose or in violation of these conditions in any way, all rights to the use of the watercraft are revoked and subsequent use is without owner’s permission. In any such case, Adventure Spot has the right to immediately repossess the boat and keep all rental fees and charge customer for any damage to boat.
- If any provision of this agreement is found to be void, invalid or unenforceable, such finding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part of this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and shall supersede all other agreements, either oral or written, with respect to the same. This agreement is binding upon the heirs, successors and assigns of the parties.
- Any dispute between me and Adventure Spot, which cannot be amicably solved, shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Fees and Fines for Violation of Terms & Conditions:
- Beaching Boat – €100 fine for beaching boat plus additional fee of €150 if we have to send someone to pick you up and free boat.
- There is a €75 fee for propeller damage that is rebuildable and a €150 fee for damage that is too expensive to be rebuilt. Ability to rebuild propeller or not is to be determined by our Staff
- Any boats known to have been run aground or beached in sand (we can tell from propellers) will be charged €75 for removal of lower unit.
- A €100 fee will be charged for operation out of approved area (refer to map) and a €150 additional fee will be charged if we have to send a representative to assist you with a problem when you are outside of operation area
- For damage to fiberglass, cushions, cowlings, electronics, etc. you will be charged actual cost of parts.