BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR JOURNEYS
Our commitment to you: Your booking is with ExploreTheOutside (SP), P. D. Zitakis,128862290, Gazias 2, Oraiokastro 57013, Greece.
All trips you book with us are organized and sold under the following conditions, in some occasions we operate as route designers, creating an adventure itinerary that can be booked by tour operators and executed by our team :
Booking and Payment
1) To confirm your booking you are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the trip price. Your balance must be paid 20 days prior to the trips date. The last day of your Journey you receive an invoice/receipt with full amount you have paid to us. Brochure and website prices are quoted in Euros. Payment will be accepted by:
- Bank Transfer (details available from our office)
2) If you need to cancel your reservation, cancellation fees will be determined according to the date we received your written note (email).
- If canceling 30 – 20 days prior to trip start, the 25% deposit will be kept.
- If canceling 19-5 days prior to trip start, 50% of the trip cost will be kept.
- If canceling less than 5 days prior to trip start, 80% of the trip cost will be kept.
Changes or Cancellation by Us
3) Before you book with us, we reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services or prices described in our brochure or website. We also reserve the right to cancel the holiday. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a trip is not fulfilled, we may have to cancel your holiday. Also an alteration or cancelation of your holiday might occur due to weather conditions or potential high risk. If the weather changes, we sometimes need to change our program. In the event that the session you booked is unable to take place, we will offer an alternative adventure activity that is suitable for the conditions. It is unlikely we will have to make any changes to your holiday and any changes are usually very minor. If a major change becomes necessary, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your holiday begins. A major change is an alteration of the start or finish time of your holiday by more than 12 hours, a change of holiday location or a change to a lower standard of accommodation. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another available holiday from us, or cancelling your holiday. We will refund all payments made directly to us in respect of the holiday cost. We will not refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as flight payments for land-only trips, equipment purchases, visas, vaccinations etc.
Changes by the client:
4) If a client, after booking onto a trip and paying a deposit and/or full payment, would like to change onto an alternative trip or date, an additional administration fee of €50 is charged. In this case the cancelation fees apply as above (2).
5) Any information provided by ExploreTheOutside on such matters as climate, travel, clothing, special equipment etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of ExploreTheOutside.
Adventure Travel and Client Responsibility
6) It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in this sort of trip and you accept that in visiting remote and mountainous regions there is an element of on-tour flexibility. The itinerary stated in the trip dossier is indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. You must have a level of fitness commensurate with your chosen trip and you are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment, details of which will be sent to you at the time of booking. If, in the opinion of ExploreTheOutside Guide or Staff, your fitness or equipment may compromise the safety of a trip we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your holiday. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund nor compensation.
7) Accommodation is usually in twin or double rooms unless stated otherwise and we request that clients who book individually share a twin room. Where a single room is requested, we will try to accommodate this but a single supplement will often apply – please check at the time of booking. When making a booking you accept that this additional supplement may apply and, where appropriate, you will be advised and invoiced for the relevant amount. On some itineraries please note that no single accommodation is available.
Personal Travel Insurance
8) We strongly advise you take out this type of cover for your own protection, ensuring the policy includes adventurous activities
Medical Conditions & Dietary Requirements
9) If you are affected by a medical condition which may affect you or other people’s enjoyment of the holiday, you must advise this at the time of booking. Similarly you must advise us of dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Independent Travel Arrangements
10) We will not be responsible or liable for your actions or your safety for any independent travel you undertake before, during (if you choose to leave) or after the holiday.
11) If you have a complaint about the holiday you should make it known to your guide/leader at the earliest opportunity. If you are on a trip without a guide, we encourage you to contact our office as soon as possible so that we can help find an agreeable solution during your trip. Any outstanding complaint not resolved during the trip should be notified to us in writing within 30 days of the scheduled date of return.
Our Liability & Compensation
12) ExploreTheOutside cannot be held responsible for any mishap to yourself or your property, and in particular for the consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happenings. ExploreTheOutside has insurance coverage for Bodily Injury and Material Damages against “third parties” (including clients/participants in the events), for accidents occurring out of an error or omission of the Insured in organizing the sporting excursion or event (such events include: Hiking, Biking, Sea Kayak, Climbing, bike rental, etc).