Zagorochoria Mountain Explorerfrom
Cycling Day Trip – Crossing through mountain villages.
Embark on an epic cycling journey through the spine of mainland Greece cycle on 16th century routes of merchants and craftsmen, through the Epirus mountain range and the amazing Zagorohoria National Park, one of the most spectacular ecosystems in Europe! This mountain range, provides the background for this fantastic road cycling adventure.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
Location: Zagori is a region of astonishing beauty in Epirus, in the northwestern part of Greece. It contains 46 villages known as the Zagorochoria (choria = villages in Greek).
Destination: Ioannina City.
Time to Destination: 65′ transfer with our 9-seater mini van.
Available Starting Points: Explore the Outside spot (Karavostasi Beach).
Pricelist: 150 € per person (18+)
Suitable for children: No
Participants: Min. 3 persons – Max 6 persons
Essentials: Backpack, cycling clothes, windproof/waterproof membrane, base layer, t-shirt, hat, sun protection
- All Transfers during the trip (All transfers with a 9-seater luxury mini van)
- Road Bike (Our bikes are hardtail mountain bikes by Merida and GT)
- Local Greek contact on the Ground
- All Guiding
- Snacks, fruits, refreshments
- Emergency assistance
- Third party insurance
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Transport to our Explore the Outside spot in Karavostasi beach is not included (Can be arranged upon request)
- Personal Travel & Health Insurance (Strongly advise you take out this type of cover for your own protection, ensuring the policy includes adventurous activities such as Hiking/Trekking)
We start from our hotel and get transferred to Ioannina city.
From the outskirts of the city we start cycling towards the mountains. We end up at Papigo village where we rest mid day. We continue towards Kipoi village where we can dine at a local restaurant or just rest under the plane trees. Head back to the hotel.
Approximately 100km of cycling, including stops.
Destination: Ioannina City & Zagorochoria
Location: Zagori is a region of astonishing beauty in Epirus, in the northwestern part of Greece. It contains 46 villages known as the Zagorochoria (choria = villages in Greek). The Zagorochoria villages are typical, built around a central square with a large church, a plane tree and a public fountain, and date as far back as the 17th century.