Sea kayaking Diaporos island
The clear blue sea, the golden seashore, the glorious sunlight of Greece and the small islands, just a paddle away! We set off to the beautiful island complex, exploring secluded beaches and rock hopping possibilities. During paddling, your lead guide will stop periodically to rest, drink some water and, of course, snorkel around the islands!!!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Medium Group
The activity starts with a small introduction about the trip about the equipment and about difficulty and duration.
The route we follow is subject to weather conditions which we take into great consideration.
Difficulty has to do with the groups level. We always follow the pace of the less strong person.
The activity lasts 4-5 hours.
Light clothes will be needed during the activity and a light Jacket handy just in case.
Dry clothes can stay safe with us waiting for you at the finish line.
Dry bags (keep wallets, phones, personal items dry) will be provided.
|Trip||Price per Person|
|Sea kayaking Diaporos (6h)||€ 65|
|Sea Kayaking Vourvourou (4h)||€ 50|
|Sea Kayaking Karidi beach (2h)||€ 40|
* Minimum participants for the trips: 3 persons
- Lunch Basket
- Fully guided tour by a 3 Star BCU UKCC LEVEL 1 Coach
(BCU = British canoe Union, UKCC= UK coach certificate)
- First Aid included
- Flexible adjustments based on group & on individual needs
- Transports are not included. (Can be arranged upon request)
- Start at 09.30
- Visit precious small islands and remote beaches
- Relax at the beach, enjoy Snorkeling
- Lunch Break
- Fully guided tour (BCU Guide Level 1), First aid inc.
- Flexible adjustments based on groups and individuals needs
3 Available trips:
- Diaporos Isle Circum Navigation 5hours
- Blue Lagoon kayaking 3 hours
- Karidi Beach 2 hours
Diaporos island is a small island with a great beauty which is located just across Vourvourou.
On the island extends a huge natural gulf of 700 meters length.
Because of the shallow waters, the sea around the gulf remains always warm making the island a perfect destination for the winter swimmers.
The Byzantine ruins at “Krifto” gulf reveal the long history of the island.
Last but not least, nature and the green pines that cover the whole island together with the crystal blue waters create a peaceful summer scenery.
We have special sit in kayaks which are very long and fast compared to the simple sit on top kayaks. Equipment is Prijon Kayaks and P&H Expedition series kayaks, Carbon shaft nylon blade Paddles from Lendal, spraydecks, buoyancy aid, cags, hats etc. from Nookie
Guiding at all times ( Level 1 , 3 star BCU guide plus a second guide for groups of more than 5p)
Paddling around the islands is a nice work out and rather demanding. Some fitness would be needed. Difficulty has to do with the groups level. We always follow the pace of the less strong person and we try to offer simple nice activities people to enjoy and have fun.
All the activities start with a small introduction about the trip about the equipment and about difficulty and duration.
Destination and available routes has also to do with weather conditions which we take into great consideration.
The activities will last 4-5 hours time. Flexible adjustments can be made based on groups and individuals needs.
- Light clothes will be needed during the activity and a light Jacket handy just in case.
- Dry clothes can stay safe in the van or at our shop for you to wear at the finish line.
- Dry bags (to keep wallets, phones, personal items dry) will be given for personal usage, very useful especially for Sea kayaking.