Monasteries of Mount Athos boat trip
This boat trip takes you further South to the Mount Athos Peninsula. Above all, Athos is a World Heritage Site and self-governed state in the Hellenic Republic. Moreover, this tour stops at Ammouliani and Drenia islands.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Activity Level easy
- Group Size Medium Group
An unforgettable cruise at a World Heritage Monument!
This day cruise takes you further south, to the Mount Athos Peninsula. A World Heritage Site and self-governed state in the Hellenic Republic, Athos is home to 20 Eastern Orthodox monasteries under the direct jurisdiction of the patriarch of Constantinople. Today Greeks commonly refer to Mount Athos as the “Holy Mountain” (Greek: Άγιον Όρος, Agion Oros), as it is home to monks. Women are not allowed at Mount Athos and please note that we are not allowed to approach it in less than 500m.
The Holy Monasteries of Dochiariou, Xenofontos, Panteleimonos, Xiropotamou, Simonos Petras, Grigoriou, Dionisiou and Agiou Pavlou are those that will introduce to you, with our guide of course! A sea journey that is being characterized as a life experience. If we are lucky, we might see dolphins on the way!
Available locations to start your trip
Ouranoupoli & Vourvourou
|Boat Name||Boat Size||Engine Size||Max. Capacity||Half-Day Guided Price||Full Day Guided Price|
|Marinello||19 FT||115 Hp||7 persons||€ 350||€450|
|Poseidon||19 FT||115 Hp||8 persons||€ 400||€ 500|
|Triton||21 FT||150 Hp||10 persons||€ 450||€ 550|
* Maximum number of people per boat: 9 persons. Children allowed, but must be 3 years and up
- Sunshade available on board
- Captain included
- Cruising towards the Monasteries
- Visiting Drenia islands and Ammouliani
- Snacks, fruits, refreshments included
- Snorkeling equipment included
- Lunch stop
- Departure Time of departure
Starts at 09:30 from Vourvourou or Ouranoupoli
*Departure time flexible upon request
- Cruise information Stops and activities
- Cruise towards the Monasteries
- Stops for swimming and snorkeling on the way back
- Lunch stop at Ammouliani at a local fish restaurant
- Return time Time of return
Back at starting point around 17:30
Mount Athos is the third and most charming peninsula well known for the surrounding islands, the mystique Athos monasteries and the superb greenery of Northern Greece.
A World Heritage Site and self-governed state in the Hellenic Republic, Athos is home to 20 Eastern Orthodox monasteries.
You will also visit Ammouliani and Drenia islands.
Mt Athos, Ouranoupoli
Available Starting Points:
- Vourvourou, Sithonia, Halkidiki peninsula, North Greece
- Ouranoupoli, Mt. Athos, Halkidiki peninsula, North Greece
The maximum duration of this cruise is about 8 hours. A shorter option is offered, which lasts about 4hours.
- Full day cruise starts at 09:00
- Half day cruises available departures/returns:
- Departs at 09:00, Return at 13:00
- Departs at 14:00, Return at 18:30
Gas is not included in the indicated pricelist for this cruise
Best months to take on this cruise are during May, June, July, August, September and October.
We understand that sometimes things go wrong and there may be rare cases where you need to reschedule your session. ExploreTheOutside will reschedule or refund your session(s) subject to the table below, and try get you active again on the date of your choice. Please be aware that programming changes are subject to guide availability and that second choice dates may take time to find. If you decide to cancel/postpone your booking, this is what you can expect:
- Up to 3 days before – 100% refund
- Between 3 days and 1 day before – 50% refund
- Less than 1 day before – Zero refund
Apart your personal items, you would need to bring with you the following:
- Snorkelling equipment
- Sun protection
Yes! The tour is suitable for children